These are a huge favourite in my house at the moment, they are great for a lunch or dinner. If you like your Mexican food you will love this!
Chipotle paste is an ingredient that is always in my house, I use it for so many things, it has this wonderful spicy but smoky flavour, then having the kidney bean & Greek yoghurt mash with this dish cools it down a little- almost like a healthy, protein packed sour cream alternative!
This dish has so much flavour, it's really quick and easy to make not to mention totally delicious, so obviously I just had to share it with you all.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 400g tin of kidney beans in water, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbs of 0% fat Greek yoghurt ( I use the Fage brand )
- Light cooking oil spray
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 400g skinless chicken breast diced
- 200g of frozen sweetcorn, thawed
- Zest and juice of 1 lime plus a few wedges to garnish
- 2 tsp of Chipotle Paste
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 Soft corn tortillas ( I tried using whole wheat tortillas for a healthier option but they don't work as well in my opinion, as they don't go as crispy and hold shape)
- 1 Avocado, chopped into cubes
- Start by preparing your kidney bean & greek yoghurt mash by rinsing off the kidney beans. Then add them to a bowl and mash them all up with a fork, once mashed add the greek yoghurt and mix all together - set aside.
- Spray a large frying pan, on medium-high heat with the light cooking oil spray. Add peppers, onion, garlic and chicken then stir-fry for about 10 minutes.
- Then add the sweetcorn and chipotle paste, cook for another 3 minutes or so till chicken is cooked through. Once the chicken is cooked keep it on a light heat to keep it warm.
- Next you need to toast each tortilla in a dry frying pan over a medium heat, make sure to flip it over so both sides get toasted! when they are slightly browned and a little crispy they are done.
- Add the toasted tortillas to a plate then top with the chicken mixture. Then add your kidney bean & greek yoghurt mash on top with a few cubes of avocado and lime wedge.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe as much as me! I would love to know if you give this a go and see your creations, so please tag me in your instagram photos @zoelou_ or tweet me at @classicrouge.
Thanks for reading,
Love Zoe x