As I mentioned a few posts back, I am going to start adding some healthy food ideas and more fitness related posts once again.
I posted this photo on my Instagram a few days back and a few people wanted to know how to make it for themselves so I thought it would be a nice simple one to start with.
It's really easy to make, and amazing for a post workout lunch as it has high amounts of protein, not to mention completely yummy and filling, so your less likely to want to snack for the rest of the day.
The delicious sweet potato top and bottom acts as a bun to hold in all the yummy filling, I cant get enough of sweet potato right now, its so versatile!.
What you'll need
- Large Sized sweet potato (so the slices are wide enough to act as a bun)
- Wafer Sliced Chicken (3/4 slices per slider)
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- BBQ sauce
- Wooden Skewers
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees c.
- Prepare your sliders by washing the sweet potato then slice them so they are slightly thick you will need 2 per slider.
- On top of one of the sweet potato disks add a layer of spinach, your tomato slice, wafer chicken breast then top with a small amount of mozzarella (keeping it healthy) and a little BBQ sauce. Put the other sweet potato disk on top to sandwich it all together then skewer it through the middle to hold it all in place.
- Then pop them in the oven for 30 minutes until the sweet potato is cooked and tuck in!
Enjoy and thanks for reading! Let me know if you would like to see more healthy recipe ideas.
Love Zoe x